Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cosmic Road Warrior

Share

I loathe clutter. I am the complete opposite of a pack rat (is there a word for that?) in that I love to get rid of things. Sometimes people come into my house and think no one actually lives there. I think part of that development was growing up in a house full of knick-knacky things everywhere, and part is that I would simply rather collect "experiences" than "stuff."

For example, everywhere I go, I tend to seek out the local Hard Rock Cafe to see memorabilia from the music world. The food blows, but hey look, Bobby Darin's necktie! Roy Orbison's sunglasses! I love that. I also love collecting state lines, in terms of crossing them... though I've almost got that activity wrapped up.

However, in the vein of Experience Collection, I have a new hero at SPACEYCHICK.com.

Spacey Chick
I seek out space hardware and history and rockets and novelties everywhere I go, and these days it's tough to find a city where I haven't cruised a science museum -- but her collection is stunning!

Check out the Spacey Chick website to see Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Skylab, Shuttle, Space Centers, space monuments, etc... as well as many astronaut "signings."

If you're interested in finding out where all these items reside for public display, it's a fantastic guide, because she also lists each museum, city and state. Truly an amazing scrapbook of museum mileage!