Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What Aliens Probably Think Of Us

Share

In honor of Wiley Miller's wry take on the general absurdities of modern life, I'd like to share one of my favorite commentaries:

Lars From Mars
I've actually had this clipping on my refrigerator, nestled between NASA magnets, for more than a year. I was disappointed he didn't use this character for an entire series or story arc, given the rich pickings of how aliens might view humanity -- particularly sarcastic, advanced, flippant aliens.

Think of the possibilities.

Recently, a visiting friend caught sight of this on the aforementioned icebox, and practically had to be revived with smelling salts after a fit of hilarity. So I am appreciating my old cut-out cartoon with new eyes today, thanks Gill.

The original, and many other hilarious pieces (space and otherwise) are available at the Non Sequitur section of the GoComics Site.