Saturday, April 3, 2010

MoonSpring!

Share

Happy Spring! Yes, it's that time of year again, when spring cleaning is upon us. I generally open all the doors and windows while I re-arrange the furniture and go all berserk with the vacuum. Next up will be starting the mower, riding around in the sunshine and showing those new weeds who's boss around here.

Sounds like a lot of effort, but at this point in the year, I am just so relieved I've seen the last of any possible SNOW, it's rather a jubilant affair.

Apollo Astronaut
In this state of mind, I realized my blog has been kinda heavy lately. I don't shy away from grim or reflective topics when they arise, but given all the gloomy news surrounding the national budget these days, it just suddenly seemed like I shouldn't add to the collective funk.

So, in honor of spring, I'm keeping it light in April! I'd like for this to be a fun place to visit to read up on space issues, not always money or politics. My theme for the month will be space novelties, and all the silly, charming or even bewildering things we derive from space travel and space exploration...!

So, here's Leonard Nimoy getting slammed by a neurotic muppet.


See? Imagine if there had been no space program. Things like Star Trek and Pigs in Space may never have existed.

(Could have been worse. I could have embedded the SwineTrek skit where C-3PO tap dances and Mark Hamill sings.)